European Conference - September 28th
The European Conference where the VAPETVIP project was presented to professionals in the field of visual impairment was held in Düren - Germany, on September 28th, 2017, during the same week as ENVITER - European Network for Vision ImpairmentTraining Education & Research - annual General Meeting.
To an audience of about 40 professionals from 16 different European countries – Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxemburg, Portugal, Romania, Spain, The Netherlands and the United Kingdom – team leaders from each working group within the project presented the highlights of the products being developed and invited all the participants to an interactive discussion panel about opportunities and challenges in e-learning.
This was a great opportunity not only to present the future outcomes of our activities to professionals and other organizations outside the project but also to collect relevant information about expectations and experiences and assess the interest the products have within this professional community.
Conference Program and Presentations (pdf):
- Introducing the VAPETVIP Project
- The "Orientation and Mobility Techniques for Support of Visually Impaired People" Course
- The "Activities for Improving Soft-Skills of Visually Impaired Adults" course
- The "Supporting Elderly Visually Impaired People" course
- Guidelines and Tutorials for Trainers
- Assessment and Certification Methodology
- Questions and Answers about the Project;
- Theme Panel Discussion: "E-learning: Opportunities and Challenges"
- Showcase of the iPortal Platform